|Rc cars come in all makes and models however no matter which one you get it’s just plain FUN! And it’s fun for all ages – watch the videos below to see some great RC Car action…
RC BURNOUT Car Dodge Hellcat with LINE LOCK
3 year old ‘TESTS’ Cheap RC Car – Will it survive?
Top 20 MOST AMAZING RC Cars Drifting Videos
We Built Weapons on RC Cars & Battled in a DEMOLITION DERBY
GREAT RC DRIFT CAR RACE MODELS IN PAIR COMPETITION
Cheap Giant Petrol RC Car Test
Mad RC Car Burnout Compilation
WORLDS BIGGEST RC CAR!! (REALLY BIG)
7 Cool RC CARS You Can Buy Online
Some Facts about Electric RC Cars
Electric RC cars are the most popular types of RC cars today. This might be because of the fact that every RC car hobbyist begins with this type of vehicle. The operation of an electric RC car is simple enough to be understood even by children. This makes it ideal for the beginner RC car enthusiast.
Electric RC cars have a lot of advantages. These advantages are what make them appealing to the general public. RC cars, which started as toys, have now become accepted as hobby items for adults. Here are some advantages of electric RC cars:
1) Ease of use- as said before, electric RC cars are very simple machines to operate. This is the reason why many parents opt to buy these vehicles for their children during Christmas. Unlike Nitro RC cars which require some complicated procedures in order to ensure correct operation, electric RC cars only require you to put on the batteries and you’re off!
This can be very important especially because of the fact that most people who buy electric RC cars are beginners in the hobby. It is often the fact that people who buy electric RC cars are buying their very first RC car kit. Although very few actually go on to become serious RC car hobbyists, the electric RC car can introduce them to the concept that RC car racing is fun.
2) Cheaper- Electric RC cars generally cost less than their gas-powered counterparts. This is the reason why they are more accessible to the general public. Electric RC cars can come as pre-assembled toys or can be bought in kits. Either way, electric RC cars can cost you so much less than Nitro models.
Economics can be very important to many people when they are looking for items to acquire. Let’s face it: not all of us can afford everything that we want in life. Some people go for electric RC cars because they provide a much more economical alternative to gas-powered ones.
They are also cheaper in terms of fuel. Contrary to popular belief, gas powered RC cars cannot be fueled with gasoline. The fuel that is used in nitro RC cars is a mixture of Nitromethane and castor oil which can be bought at various specialty shops. Electric RC cars, on the other hand, only need batteries or the regular recharge in order to run. This means that you don’t have to spend additional cash on fuel.
3) Indoor use- People are attracted to electric RC cars mainly because of the fact that it can be used indoors. This means that people are able to make use of their RC cars even if outdoor conditions are unfavorable.
What makes electric RC cars so different from Nitro RC cars? Well, it is a combination of two factors:
1) Noise- Electric RC cars run quietly. This makes them ideal for usage indoors. Nitro RC cars rely on combustion to run, which means that they can make a lot of noise. This is especially true if someone tried to operate a Nitro RC car indoors. The sound would reverberate off the walls and cause quite a racket.
2) Smoke- Since Electricity produces clean energy, there are no undesirable byproducts of running an electric RC car. However, electric RC cars need to be charged regularly which means that you might not be able to enjoy them for as long a time as you would enjoy a Nitro RC car.
How Fast Your RC Car Can Go?
The best way to get started with RC cars is getting a simpler and slower vehicle. It may not be your dream RC car but it will prepare you to boost its speed and power. Getting help through other enthusiasts will make it easier for you to get going in the RC car world. There are accessories and tools available for RC cars that you can employ to tune it and prepare it for the tracks.
The Pre-built RC car
But before you can do that, the electric RC car may be for you. This is a popular choice for the starters in the RC car world. It is equipped with a rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride battery pack, which comes with a quick charger when the power runs out. A full-charged battery may typically bring your RC car running for hours. This already comes pre-assembled with typically a 2-channel RTR (ready-to-run), radio system. This is pre-assembled to fit needs of new modelers and/or backyard drivers.
When you are done with the electric-powered RC car and have finished learning with all the basics, you may start considering getting a gas RC car, powered by nitromethane-based fuel. If you prefer otherwise and you think you have improved your skills, you can instead upgrade your car’s speed and operations. A new engine or hotter motor can be added. You can start getting rid of the bushings and replace them with ball bearings. There are many RC car accessories you will find most essential in upgrading your car so check out the store.
RC car kit
The RC car kit will be most ideal for you if you want more fun and consider yourself professional enough to the assembling job. A kit comes with all necessary parts, such as the body, engine, electronic or motor speed control, plus owner’s manual for the instructions. In building your model, trimmings of excess material may be required from the clear Lexan plastic material of the body. With a special polycarbonate, you can paint the body with the color of your choice.
Along with the chassis that comes with the kit, you get some tools needed for the building of your model such as nut drivers, screwdrivers, pliers, and others. One edge of building a kit over a pre-built car is that it will make you understand how the machine works. This comes in handy when there are needs of tuning and during maintenance of the car.
Ready for the competition
Preparing your car for the competition would require lots of works. Sometimes, when getting a competition-version RC car does not include the engine as it is typically left to the hands of the driver the kind that he prefers. In other cases, the kit is sold with the chassis only so the rest of the parts would still be left at your judgment. Your work with the car should allow for a competition car that will have more aggressive power and higher speeds.
How fast you want your car would go depends on your work. If this were meant for the competition, you would not want it to be left behind the track so you better get all the necessary details and works done.
On the other hand, if you are a beginner you better not expect the best results. It is natural for beginners to get mistakes on the first scenarios of the competition. As you move along with the track, you will find yourself going better.
Mingling with the rest of the competitors would offer you tips and tricks with the works. For additional information, you can research everything you need to build the fastest RC car by visiting websites and reading books.
What You Need to Know About Nitro RC Cars
Because of the movie “The Fast and the Furious” many people today think that the word “nitro” means having something extra on your car that boosts its speed. Thus, many people who encounter the term “Nitro RC Car” think that it refers to an RC car that’s been upgraded.
This thinking could also be due to the fact that many people think that gas powered RC cars actually run on gasoline. This is a very wrong assumption. The term “Nitro RC Car” is actually synonymous with “gas powered RC car” because of the fact that this type of RC car uses a specialized mixture of nitromethane and lubricant to run.
So what do you need to get started with Nitro RC cars?
1) Experience- Before you go ahead and get a Nitro RC car, you need to have sufficient experience with an electric RC car. This is because of the fact that Nitro RC cars can be too much to handle if you are a noob in RC car usage. This is the reason why people who want to get into the hobby of RC cars are advised to get electric RC cars before they move on to Nitro RC cars.
2) Interest- Without the right interest to drive you, why would you get into Nitro RC cars? You need to have some reason in order to truly get something from the hobby of Nitro RC cars. This is because Nitro RC cars will cost you some money and nobody spends money on something that they will not profit from in some way. The “profit” in this case does not refer to financial gain exclusively.
3) Information- You need to know different things before you get started with Nitro RC cars. This is because Nitro RC car racing can be a very complicated business. Having the right information can help you a lot in getting the car that you want and taking care of it. In fact, having the right information about Nitro RC cars can help you profit from the hobby financially.
4) The right materials- Many people wonder exactly what tools and materials you need to get into the Nitro RC car hobby. Here are just some of the things you are going to need:
a) Nitro RC car kit- This pretty much contains everything you are going to need to build yourself a “basic” Nitro RC car. This is a kit containing what you need to build the car itself including the engine, the chassis and the whole enchilada. Beginners are advised to stick to the specifications found in the manual included with Nitro RC car kits. As you progress in the hobby, you may want to divert from the basic look of your car and start customizing your vehicle.
b) Fuel- The nitromethane-castor oil mixture used in powering Nitro RC cars can be found in various hobby shops and stores. Remember: you must never attempt to use gasoline to run your Nitro RC car. The fuel used to run Nitro RC cars is less volatile than gasoline for the reason that the engine may explode if used with gasoline. This means that if you want to enjoy the Nitro RC car hobby for a long time, use only the type of fuel recommended. By doing so, you will ensure that Nitro RC car racing will grow with you.
What RC Car Accessory You Should Get for a Well-Maintained Car
One of the hottest hobbies on the road today, RC cars and trucks will let you experience the real world of road race tracks and events but no red lights and speed limits for you. You simply drive that RC car or truck of yours and decide on yourself how fast you can go.
You also got options to choose from. Just like the real automotive world, the radio controlled world of cars and trucks provide the same choices of futuristic concept cars, on-road and off-road cars, entry-level buggy, and monster trucks, and, nitro-powered cars, even mini-cars.
There are endless options for everyone and RC cars and trucks are for all personalities and ages. The choice is yours; it solely depends on your preference. On the other hand, if you need more information you can get advices from different fellow enthusiasts.
Again, just like with the “real” on-road and off-road vehicles, radio controlled ones require the same kind of maintenance and care from you. This is to ensure you keep your vehicle in top condition so to avoid failures.
Maintaining them would include everything from keeping them powered, whether through electricity or nitromethane-based fuel, to replacing parts and accessory. You also must have a certain stock of standard RC car/truck equipment for the maintenance.
In addition, there is a plethora of accessories that are available for you, which you can get for your RC car. If you want to keep your vehicle always aesthetically pleasing and aggressive, or want a higher level of experience on the road, RC car accessories will allow you to attain these.
Accordingly, the following top RC accessories are amongst the components that your car should not go without:
1. Starter boxes. Starting your new vehicle will include break-in of its new engine, which could be tough process at first. With the starter box, though, this is made easier by eliminating the need to pull-start the RC car. It gives the boost needed by the engine’s break-in; thus your car gets you going in no time.
2. Fuel. Of course, without the fuel, you won’t go anywhere with this car. There are specially formulated fuel kinds for RC cars, and you can get one, which is recommended by the owner’s manual provided.
And since, you will probably do the re-fueling job, you might as well include in your purchase a fuel filler bottle, which will fit your car’s need. There are several sizes available, with long, angled tips to allow for speedy process as well as to prevent spills.
In addition, a fuel cleaner and rags will be handy accessories in cases there are spills and drips.
3. Glow plugs. Instead of ending your fun in driving because of glow plug failures, with spare glow plugs you can change bad plugs along the course. In addition, a small kit stashed in your box will be best idea. This is usually included with the spare glow plugs, glow plug igniter, glow plug wrench, and charger.
4. RC tools. These are the specialized tools to keep your vehicle going. A standard RC tool kit usually includes: magnetic balancer, gear puller, temperature gauge, tool pouch, and glow plug wrench.
5. Air Filter Oil. Replacement of the air filter at an interval is a must. At this case, it will always be better if you got special air filter oil with you to improve the function of air filter and keep the life of the engine longer.
RC Car Kit – Building Your Own
RC cars are the cars of all ages; it doesn’t matter if you are eighty or sixteen, there is simply the kind of radio-controlled car that you would enjoy. If you know how to take fun with these vehicles, you certainly will cherish the endless excitement brought about by them.
If you are getting your first radio-controlled car, you might consider the three most important things:
Ready-to-run (RTR) car or a kit
The RTR cars are most ideal for the beginners and those who do not have the skills for assembling the car. These cars will let you automatically enjoy their features and start them running through electricity-powered batteries. RTR cars tend to be a little inexpensive than building the car.
On the other hand, the kit will let you do the assembly works. For the enthusiasts, this has more advantages, as it will allow you to maintain it easily. If there are alterations and repair jobs needed, you would find these yet another easy task as you know how the chassis, engine, and other parts were put together.
On-road or off-road
On-road cars are designed for such speed needed in a smooth, paved surface. Also, if you intend to get into the race competitions, these are clearly your option.
Off-road vehicles are those trucks and buggies that have the ability to negotiate rough terrains, jumps, and obstacle courses. Naturally, these are not intended for racing events.
Electric or nitro-powered car
Simpler and slower vehicles are the choices for the beginners. As mentioned, rechargeable batteries are used to power the cars. Though they are clean and quiet, one disadvantage is they do not exude realism for radio-controlled car racing.
Nitro- or gas-powered cars are those intended for racing and higher-level of performance and power. In the recent years, the quality of these cars has much improved in terms of performance, safety, reliability, and aesthetics.
Having all these factors answered, you are now ready for your visit to the store. If you prefer building your own car, you will have the kit.
After getting the kit, you will need your red tool box and make sure every necessary tool is included. Specifically, the things you would need are: screwdrivers, flat blade screwdrivers, pliers, slip-joint, hobby knife (no. 11 blades), flush cutter, and needle-nose varieties. Adding soap could be used as a dry lubricant for the tight parts.
RC car kits cost a few hundred dollars but if you want higher performance and power you may add another bit of expenses. You can elect to acquire few pieces of RC car accessories or necessary parts for the upgrade. You can also finish the car with your own design you have in mind. Accessories and add-on parts are offered through local stores or online stores and you can check out their availability through them
To avoid getting mistakes along the process, study well the owner’s manual. Familiarizing with every step and process will make it easy for you to finish the job. Completion of the process will not finish in one sitting, so you better prepare yourself for this task. It would be wise to work in a clear, well-lit, and with an uncluttered area to avoid mistakes.
Get relevant information on how to start with your RC car kit
There are books, e-books, and other materials containing information and ideas about building cars from a kit that you can use for additional help. Accordingly, obtaining wisdom from experienced RC car racers would be very beneficial for you. Once you get all those things and information needed, you can build the fastest RC car in no time at all.